Phone : (206) 954-9613
E-Mail : email@example.com
Address : 10629 Aqua Way S. Seattle Wa.
I am a motivated and experienced technician, and project lead, able to perform the technical and managerial tasks that are required by business needs and look forward to new challenges. I am a team player eager to assist my co-workers, to grasp complex concepts, and to deliver simple solutions to hard problems, and to lead by example, accomplishing Management’s goals.
I strive for transparency in my process, and to ensure that once a solution is complete that it is also maintainable and has been engineered to anticipate growing needs and accommodate them with the least amount of effort, delivering modular software that's extensible, meets or exceeds performance requirements, is highly functional with long-term stability, and accurately cleanly and clearly documented.
BASIC (Color, Visual, WANG)
DB2 (iSeries/AS400, RS6000)
Microsoft Access Application Dev
Embedded C, Wiring, Cuda SDK
Microsoft SQL Server
Java Script, AJAX
Lotus Suite (Domino, Notes, etc.)
Microsoft Office Suite
UNIX Shell Scripting / bash, zsh
Time Management Systems
Var ASM (80x86,68000,Z80.etc.)
Visual Basic, C++, VBScript
Android (MTK, Other Chipsets.)
DR-DOS, FREEDOS, PC-DOS
ATMel ATMega Chips (Arduino)
Linux (APK, APT, RPM, Portage)
Visual Source Safe
Mac OS Classic, 9, X
PET, Tandy ECB, WANG VS
NVidia CUDA, CUBLAS, NumPy
Team Leadership and Management
Various RTOS Configurations
Research, Rapid Prototyping
Various Bare Metal Configurations
2011/05 - 2014/05 - Sound Advertising Group - West Seattle, WA
Sr. Database Engineer / Development Team Lead and Mentor
- Address any blockers for all team members.
- Collaborate with them on a 1-to-1 basis to help them address any concern or issue.
- Provide a sounding board to assist in finding pragmatic solutions when issues feel too complicated.
- Encourage and assist in any way I'm needed.
- Work with overseas contractors to improve application performance and optimize database schemas.
MySQL / MongoDB / PostgreSQL Lead Data Access Engineer / Database Architect:
- Optimize Data Access for large scale Lead Generation applications.
- Use MySQL to allow the recording of details for millions of transaction on a daily basis.
- Build out Views to allow Front-End Developers to access aggregate information or details of any transaction.
- Tune Indexes, Table Partitions, and Table structures to allow for efficient access across extremely large record-sets
- Plan new Databases and Database Schemas for new,current,and previous projects.
- Manage ETL from MongoDB into MySQL and storing aggregate sets / reporting.
Linux System Build Engineer / Linux Development System Administrator:
- Build out production-ready images on our "Private Cloud" infrastructure
- fast application deployments
- automatic recovery procedures.
- Provide ability to update via NFS,
- using release control
- ensuring quality deployments.
- Ensure that production images will be stable and provide the high-availability required in a modern service application.
- Take ownership of all unexpected issues, and find pragmatic ways to address them.
- Ensure high availability of development resources.
- Install and Maintain web servers and mission critical services.
- Maintain Transparency and disseminate information to team members
- Build custom scripts to provide information like
- Available installed libraries and their versions.
- Information for their development virtual hosts.
- Subversion status information.
- Server up-time.
- User load conditions.
2011/01 – 2011/03 T-Mobile - Factoria, Wa
- Designed a self-certification portal for major mobile phone manufacturers.
- Ensure that phone ROM builds met or exceeded the standards of T-Mobile's user experience requirements.
- Included both an automated testing suite as well as manual tests, with automated reporting to diverse groups
- Product Realization
- Manufacturer Teams
- Upon completion of the Design and Team Integration tasks, the contract ended. While many co-workers wanted to see me perform the implementation of the product, this was out of contract scope, and unfortunately for everyone involved T-Mobile did not have an FTE position budgeted at that time.
2009/06 - 2011/12 - Zonar Systems - Southcenter, Wa
- Added value by doing nVidia CUDA research.
- Enabled messaging over cellular networks and improved messaging SLA by an order of magnitude
- 0 total service failures.
- Enabled data aggregation on a massive scale by providing a solution to handle many types of processing
- Highly concurrent jobs on heterogeneous platforms.
2008/03 - 2009/04 Phosphor Group - SoDo Seattle, Wa
- Performed Search Engine Optimization
- Created E-Commerce sites.
- Developed rich content delivery platforms.
- Produced Map-Based Web Mashups consolidating / normalizing data from many sources / formats.
- Managed the Internal Network to provide local file-sharing and version control services.
- Provided technical expertise through
- Consulting directly with clients to ensure that their needs were met at the lowest cost.
2003/06 - 2008/03 - Independent Contractor - Norman, OK / Seattle, WA
- Design, Develop, Implement Rich Intranet applications and administrative utilities
- Develop Internationalization frameworks using string tables
- Develop Web-Based Client Tracking System
- Rapid Development of E-Commerce Websites
- Integration of SPAW Web editor to allow users to send Rich newsletters and add content to their web sites
- Development of Web Sites to work with marketing campaigns
- Build Windows-based Project Management System with E-Mail, Yahoo! IM, and SMS alerts
- Develop PHP based desktop tracking system
- Integrate an existing design with PHP-Driven Site Utility
- Develop Intranet File Browser using ASP and MSSQL
- Scaled a basic .NET (C#, VB.NET, COM+) application to international usage
- Added full internationalization support including easy editor for translators
- Large number of translations initially supported during testing:
- ar_AE, ar_MA, ar_QA
- ar_IN, as_IN, ba_IN, bn_BD, bn_IN, bo_IN
- de_DE, de_BE, de_CH
- ca_ES, ca_IT, it_IT
- el_CY, el_GR
- en_AU, en_GB, en_US
- es_ES, es_MX
- fr_FR, fr_BE, fr_CA
- pt_BR, pt_PT
- nl_NL, nds_NL
2003/10 - 2004/10 Consultant International Business Machines - Bentonville, AR
Porting AS/400 DB2 / RPG III -> RS6000 AIX / Oracle
- Worked with an Enterprise Team of System Implementors as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a Fortune 10 company.
- Worked over the course of a year to provide 1:1 parity with UI system
- Determined a best solution to an issue found by Risk Assessment Team of legacy system
- Closely examined legacy system to ensure no features were lost, only the new feature was added.
- Was prepared well in advance of a September 2006 Initiative.
2004/12 – 2005/06 OUCPM - University of Oklahoma - Norman, OK
- LAMP Project Implementation
- Implement PostgreSQL database rules, triggers, views, functions, exceptions
- Implement On line Training management system using
- PHP (server pages and daemons) / PostgreSQL / Java Script Client Side Validation / CSS / HTML
- Performance tune application to run across 56k Frame Relay while serving in excess of 10,000 users
- usable interface within 0.75 seconds of server call
- Create User and Group based permission scheme to allow administrator to delegate common tasks
- prevent power users from acting outside of their own scope.
- Create User Reporting Generator, allowing end users to query data without requiring DBA
- Build queries in excess of 6,000 lines to enable advanced user query models against tables with millions of records
2002 - 2003 - HCCS Inc. - Lenexa, KS
- Lead all Development Projects
- Solve any problems that came into the development department that were outside of the comfort zones of the team
- Design solutions across project types
- Develop standards for development department
- Implement solutions based on standards
- Determine business rules and best practice
- Integrate desktop and web products
- Develop communications across solutions
2000 - 2001 - Votron - Manhattan, KS
- Implement Win32 VB/C++ code for business rules based on project manager's analysis.
- Concurrently carry a full course load at Topeka Technical College
1997 - 2001 - Self-Employment - Junction City, KS
- Develop Database-driven websites using PHP / MySQL and ASP / MS SQL Server
- Provide Top Level Tech Support for a well known computer Manufacturer
- Purchased Digital Equipment Corp.
- Purchased Consumer Computers HP
- Concurrently carry a full course load at Topeka Technical College
Graduated - 2002
Topeka Technical College
Computer Information Systems
Available on request